6 DENIM STYLES YOU NEED TO TRY THIS SEASON
Trusty denim is our staple all season long. It mixes and matches perfectly with other items in our wardrobe and never dates.
This winter is an exciting time for denim as there more trends to try than ever before.
We have rounded up six of our favourites styles. SHOP our denim
- FRAYED EDGE HEM- Drastic uneven hems or cropped denim with soft frayed hems is the way to go this season. It gives your denim a boyish edge and looks great when you mix it with more feminine pieces like cute kitten heels (TCN styling tip: red heels with blue denim, soo good) or embellished flats for a mix of hard and soft. Frayed denim also looks great paired with tailored blazers and an oversized denim jacket (like our Stand In Jacket ) yes ladies, denim on denim is still a thing)
- CROPPED WIDE LEG It’s all about showing off your ankle and shoes this season with the wide leg cropped style. This shape is much easier to wear than the traditional super wide leg styles and looks great worn with off shoulder knits.
- HIGH WAIST- Ladies, it all about the high-waist this season. Be it, denim jeans or skirts. It’s super flattering, and I love that it gives you the freedom to tuck in your favourite 90’s tee or button-down shirt to accentuate your waist. The high- waist lengthens your legs, so you have the freedom to pair this look with your favourite pair of sneakers. It also looks just as good with high pointed heels if you are heading out at night.
- EMBROIDED PATCHES We can thank Gucci for fueling our love for embroidery. At TCN, we love big floral patches and embellishments. Keep your top half simple when you are wearing this style, so you make the embroidery the hero.
- CRISP WHITE White in winter is always a winner to brighten up our look. White jeans are definitely making a return. They key to getting this look right is looking for updated denim styles, I love the slightly flared bottom or the relaxed shape. You can pair white denim with a blush silk slip cami to a tonal look or a crisp white shirt
- STRAIGHT LEG MUM JEANS When looking at this style the key is to look for a straight leg, high-waist with no stretch. Rigid denim is essential. When styling these babies, make sure you think about cropped tops and long lined coats.